Doctoral research at MINATEC
Foreign students coming to MINATEC can benefit from our special orientation program to help them get settled in the area. A list of PhD research being carried out in the current school year is available here.
Every year MINATEC sponsors the Junior Scientist & Industry Annual Meeting, or JSIAM, a unique networking event where PhD students can meet with industry professionals to learn more about their businesses and discuss career opportunities.
This day-long event includes:
- A morning of talks by industry professionals on the role that PhDs play in today’s companies
- A Midi MINATEC brown bag lunch where PhD and post-doc students can present their work at a poster session and in 15-second video clips
- Panel discussions, CV and job-search workshops, and opportunities for PhD and post-doc students to meet with recruiters.
We also hold numerous other networking events for PhD students, such as:
- Laboratory visits
- Day-long conferences hosted by doctoral schools
- The European School On Nanosciences & Nanotechnologies (ESONN) and other nanoscience and nanotech conferences
- Educational programs like TechnoDocts and INSTN for PhD students interested in careers in industry