Offers : 1
Simulation of semimetal nanowires
Start date : 1 November 2017
offer n° PsD-DRT-18-0004
The candidate’s mission will be:
• Simulation using ab-initio tools of the structure of bismuth nanowire bands of different diameters (from 1 nm to 10 nm).
• Extraction of parameters as effective masses, density of states, band offsets for these nanowires.
• Implementation of these parameters in a NEGF simulator to simulate bismuth nanowire transistors with variable diameter.
• Ab-initio simulation of the bismuth-dielectric nanowire interface and study of various elements of chemical passivation.
• This work will be done in collaboration with LETI / DCOS / SCME / LSIM (Philippe Blaise)
• The candidate will interact with an experimental team that will produce the simulated devices and will help to supervise one or more doctoral students, in collaboration with IMEP.
• The candidate will interact with the LTM to help predict the properties of the grid bismuth-insulator interface and implement the IMEP results in the simulator.
- Keywords : Solid state physics, surfaces and interfaces, DCOS, Leti
- Laboratory : DCOS / Leti
- CEA code : PsD-DRT-18-0004
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org