Offers : 1
Modeling silicon-on-insulator quantum bit arrays
Start date : 1 November 2019
offer n° PsD-DRF-19-0091
A post-doctoral position is open at the Interdisciplinary Research Institute of Grenoble (IRIG, formerly INAC) of the CEA Grenoble (France) on the theory and modeling of arrays of silicon-on-insulator quantum bits (SOI qubits). This position fits into an ERC Synergy project, quCube, aimed at developing two-dimensional arrays of such qubits. The selected candidate is expected to start between October and December 2019, for up to three years.
Many aspects of the physics of silicon qubits are still poorly understood, so that it is essential to support the experimental activity with state-of-the-art modeling. For that purpose, CEA is actively developing the “TB_Sim” code. TB_Sim relies on atomistic tight-binding and multi-bands k.p descriptions of the electronic structure of materials and includes, in particular, a time-dependent configuration interaction solver for the dynamics of interacting qubits.
The aims of this post-doctoral position are to improve our understanding of the physics of these devices and optimize their design, and, in particular,
– to model spin manipulation, readout, and coherence in one- and two-dimensional arrays of SOI qubits.
– to model exchange interactions in these arrays and assess the operation of multi-qubit gates.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with the experimental teams from CEA/IRIG, CEA/LETI and CNRS/Néel involved in quCube, and will have access to data on state-of-the-art devices.
- Keywords : Theoretical physics, Solid state physics, surfaces and interfaces, Theoretical Physics, IRIG, MEM
- Laboratory : IRIG / MEM
- CEA code : PsD-DRF-19-0091
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org